Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Special Message From My Friend On A Special Day



Today was extra special as I was able to visit with a blast from the past, former NFL Defensive Back Scott Turner. I met Scott Turner after hearing him speak to the Lewisville Chamber of Commerce in August of 2008. His message and subsequent prayer was so compelling that it has been a major impact on my life over the last couple of years. He is a "way" guy when the world is telling you "no way", a man of great faith.

Over the weekend, I have been working on my feature column for the Cross Timbers Gazette. When I heard Scott's message this AM, it was such a confirmation that I am on the right track. He used some of the same exact words and references that have made impressions my work throughout the last 48 hours. Today is also the third day in a row that Psalm 139 has been brought before me. You know my concerns, God.

Suffice it to say that my race has been run with greater fervor because of experiencing Jesus Christ through Scott. He has been a major part of my testimony. To read more about my initial meeting with Scott, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment