Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Never Dies

Sierra Boggess performs Love Never Dies from the ALW musical sequel to Phantom. My message of the day for Valentine's enthusiasts everywhere.

Prologue:

Ten years after the events at the Paris Opera, The Phantom, the creator and owner of Phantasma (Coney Island) is tortured by the absence of Christine and longs to hear her again ("Til I Hear You Sing"). He sends her an invite to Coney Island to make her American Debut. She accepts without knowing the sender and comes with her husband Raoul (Vicount de Chagny) and her son (Gustave).


If I could be anywhere in the world tonight....it would be somewhere like this. Hearing music like this.

Nothing says Valentine's day like red wine and roses, dark chocolates, the smell of garlic cooking in butter, and fine music. A moonlit lake is lagniappe.

After receiving his text, I called Dad last Valentine's Day. He said, "I love you Baby Doll," as I drove in Dallas traffic on 35 W. We hung up the phone and I never heard his voice again. I still have his final text to me and Ava Tanner Hebert- "Happy Valentine's Day!"

I am blessed in my life to have been so loved and to so love.

No comments:

Post a Comment