Friday, February 8, 2013

Who's That Girl?

The author of this blog is Brandi Tanner Chambless.

  I suppose if I could have picked a favorite song that I identified with while living away from Louisiana, well, gosh there would have been so many. But, like all Lady A music, I just LOVE American Honey. I really DID have a quiet and slow upbringing on the prairie lands of home with tons of family in my life. And, while I wouldn't trade ONE SINGLE experience of all my travels, there wasn't ever a sunset that I didn't wonder of I'd ever come back home to Bayou Rouge.

When my Dad died in 2011, I finally did. I was able to honor him by coming home to handle what he left behind; one of the most cherished blessings being the fruit trees that he had planted with his own hands.

  So, in a nutshell, that's my story. I hope to get to know you. Please feel free to connect with me on Twitter @BrandiChambless. Shoot me a line from time to time just to say howdy!

  A native of Bunkie, LA. It was University of Louisiana Monroe that drew Brandi to North Louisiana in 1989, where she was an integral part of the ULM School of Music and Monroe Little Theatre.

  She is a former Miss ULM and still loves to participate in the arts, including anything from rock-n-roll to Rigoletto, but she felt it important to warn you that her guitar playing is adequate for campfire crowds only. She loves nature-based sports like kayaking and hiking, but will only consider open water swimming if she can see twenty feet below and there is absolutely no chance of gators or the water has been totally de-snaked.

  Brandi is a not only a Realtor with REMAX Premier Realty, but she is the author of a pop culture column called The Soapbox that will either make you laugh or make you cry depending on how you look at things. Though she was never voted Miss Congeniality, Brandi was selected as a candidate for the FBI's secret agent program in Memphis, TN.

  Not on purpose, Brandi has lived in every major city in the Southeastern United States, but still loves to steal a visit to her large Cajun family anytime she can.

  She met her husband Bob Chambless of West Monroe backstage during the musical Guys and Dolls. He's been her guy and she's been his doll ever since 1995. They have one son Eli who is an artist in his own right and will hopefully produce and direct enough films to provide for his parents in their old age.

 A former Miss Avoyelles Parish, Brandi often writes both touching and humorous stories about growing up in the Cajun Crossroads. She says her experiences there have provided enough writing material for a lifetime, including her Cajun heritage and the influence of the women in her life.

Note from the author: I hope you enjoy my writings. They just happened. Thanks for reading. BC

No comments:

Post a Comment